Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Lawsuits - want bloggers attention?


The Robertson v. Princeton case is a big deal. It calls the basic questions of donor intent - who decides, when, how do changes get made...As the website for the case declares "The outcome of the lawsuit will likely define “donor intent” in the 21st century."

And that is what interests me.* Lawsuits with websites. And websites with people behind them that send email to bloggers (yours truly) to gain 'coverage' about the lawsuit.

Frankly, the reasons that I can think of for doing this don't justify the expenditure. Am I missing something?






*OK OK the legal questions of donor intent also interest me, but I chose not to go to law school. And even I know better than to weigh in on the law on a blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a very important case ... and the expenses involved (in creating a website and flagging it for potentially interested bloggers) are minimal.