Tuesday, May 17, 2011

SSIR Webinar May 17, 2011

Please join me for this discussion on my annual industry forecast, Blueprint 2011: Philanthropy and Social Investing. Tuesday, May 17, 11:00-Noon PST, 2:00-3:00pm EST

In addition to my consulting work I spend my time trying to understand how we create, fund, and distribute shared social goods in the digital age—what I call The Future of Good. I'm a contributor to SSIR and The Guardian UK, and a visiting scholar at the Stanford University Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society.

Two big questions on my mind, which I'll focus on on Tuesday, are:
  1. How can we take advantage of the vastly increasing social economy? In Philanthropy and Social Investing: Blueprint 2011 I point out the likelihood of tremendous growth in private resources for public good. I also point out some of the ways this could fail to happen, the ways it might be offset by public sector cutbacks, and encourage us to think about the intersections between the now ever present distinct options from social businesses to nonprofits, investing to philanthropy.
  2. What are the new rules we need to make the most of this social economy? This is, in essence, the core of a new project I will be working on at Stanford come Fall 2011.

This webinar is for foundation trustees, philanthropic and financial advisors, members of giving circles, and individual donors who need to stay on top of trends in global philanthropy. It is also for nonprofit executives who want to understand the current trends in philanthropy and how to take best advantage of them.

Webinar registrants will have the opportunity to ask questions during the last 20 minutes of the webinar. The webinar will be moderated by Regina Ridley, publishing director of SSIR.

For more information and to register for this pay-per-view webinar, click here. The registration fee includes on-demand access to the webinar for twelve months.

This webinar is part of the 2011 SSIR Live! series. Webinars are presented on the most provocative and important topics that have appeared in recent issues of SSIR and from sessions at the Nonprofit Management Institute. Keep an eye out for future emails announcing upcoming webinars in the series.

No comments: