Sunday, March 27, 2011

Philanthropy, Innovation, Technology, Policy

Twitter is amazing. As I'm sitting on O'Hare's tarmac I learn about the March 26 austerity protests in London. Which is where I'm headed (with stops in Philadelphia and DC). It seems fitting to try to learn about the public responses to government budget changes as I'm headed to the UK to discuss philanthropy, technology and policy. They are all linked.

Before I get to the UK I'm honored to be speaking at the Jewish Funders Network conference about funding social media and innovation. This is great food for thought for an upcoming article on "Evaluating Innovation." Look for it - the fifth and final paper in the MacArthur Field Building Series - next month.

I'm honored to be hosted by The Guardian Voluntary Sector Network, NCVO, The Big Society Network, The European Association for Philanthropy and Giving, Steve Bridger and several others at this event in London on March 30. Hashtag #disruptphil

And I'm thrilled to be joining Patrick Meier of Ushahidi, Chris Gebhardt of TakePart and Kevin Starr of the Mulago Foundation in this discussion on "Clouds, Crowds and Social Change" at the 2011 Skoll World Forum. Hashtag #skollwf11

I'm studying up for my week in London and Oxford. What we in the U.S. call "white papers" the UK calls "Green Papers." Here are links to Her Majesty's Government's recent Giving Green Paper and several responses. (I love government services that make it this easy to find this kind of information.)



No comments: