Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Philanthropy Buzzword 2012.3 - data scientist

I already called "data" as this year's first buzzword. Those who make sense of it, visualize it, and re-imagine how to use it are also worthy of a shout out. Here's a great description of what data scientists do. I love the euphonious name of the big data company where I found that blog - Dataspora, which can actually be pronounced as da-TA-spora (though they may pronounce it data-spora)

This is one of those buzzwords that will have staying power - at least if these predictions about future careers are true. In true data scientist fashion here is an infographic of these data -



(from Mashable)

My favorite thing about data scientist as a buzzword? One of my favorite data scientists, Jake Porway of DataKind, tells me the term is already morphing into "insight scientists." Guess we'll wait for 2013 to claim that one.

No comments: